The following is a list of upcoming, current, and recently completed MASC Superintendent and Superintendent-Director searches and job openings in Massachusetts. You may download the brochures for Superintendent positions as well as Superintendent job applications below.
For more information, call MASC at (617) 523-8454 or email Nanette Olsen. You may also contact the school district's MASC Field Services Representative.
Upcoming MASC Searches
- Hampden-Wilbraham Regional School District, Hampden MA
Current MASC Superintendent Searches
NASHOBA REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
- The Nashoba Regional School Committee is seeking an exceptional leader to serve as the Superintendent of Schools. The new Superintendent should be an energetic, dynamic individual who can motivate and engage all stakeholders. The successful candidate will possess the following qualities, skills and qualifications: Maintains high expectations for all learners; Demonstrates commitment to academic excellence; Proven record of fostering collaborative environment; Ability to maintain positive relationship with Community Members, School Staff, School Committee and Town Officials; Commitment to policy and long-range goal developments, staff evaluations, contract negotiations and professional development; Knowledge and experience in budget and fiscal development, oversight and communication of budget issues to the public; Success in recruitment and retention of high quality staff; Demonstrated experience integrating technology with instruction delivery; Strong managerial and supervisory skills; Minimum of 10 years in education including teaching experience and five years of central office and/or administrative experience.
- Application deadline: March 11, 2016 3:00pm EST.
- Appointment: on/about May 4, 2016
- Salary: $175,000-$185,000; multi-year contract; fringe benefits negotiable.
- Anticipated start date: July 1, 2016
- For information: Dorothy Presser, MASC Nashoba Regional Search, Massachusetts Association of School Committees, One McKinley Square, Boston, MA 02109; (617) 523-8454; FAX (617) 742-4125; e-mail: email@example.com
- Download application.
North Adams public school district
North Adams, MA
- The North Adams Public Schools School Committee is seeking an accomplished educator to become its Superintendent of Schools. Qualifications: Licensed or eligible for licensure as a Superintendent of Schools in Massachusetts; Master’s degree required, advanced degree preferred; minimum of 10 years in education, including 5 years central office and/or administrative experience and a minimum of 3 years teaching experience; successful experience in school finance and business management; familiarity with school-based technology.
- Application deadline: February 19, 3:00pm EST.
- Appointment: on/about March 24, 2016
- Salary: $125-135 3-year contract; benefits negotiable.
- Anticipated start date: July 1, 2016
- For information: Pat Correira, MASC The North Adams Search, Massachusetts Association of School Committees, One McKinley Square, Boston, MA 02109; (617) 523-8454; FAX (617) 742-4125; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download application.
SOUTHWICK-TOLLAND-Granville REgional school district
Pembroke Public Schools
Frontier Regional School District
HOPEDALE public schools
Other Massachusetts Superintendent searches
Cohasset Public Schools, Cohasset MA
Interim Business Manager
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred; Minimum of three years’ experience as a School Business Administrator or similar position; Certified as a School Business Administrator; Proficiency with Massachusetts public procurement; Experience with public school or School Department business procedures preferred; Sound financial management, adhering to applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and using technology to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of business operations; Excellent communication skills; Experience in grants management
- Length of postion: February 29, 2016 through June 30, 2016 or until permanent replacement found.
- Job requirements: MCPPO
MA-DESE School Business Administrator; At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred; Master degree preferred; Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required.
- Application deadline: February 12, 2016
- Send Cover letter and Resume to: Barbara J. Cataldo
Superintendent of Schools
143 Pond Street
Cohasset, MA 02492
Greater New Bedford, New Bedford MA
School Business Administrator
- Download job description
- Qualifications - Master’s Degree (Accounting, Finance or Educational Leadership) Current Business Administrator License from the Department of Education Thorough knowledge of Commonwealth of Massachusetts bidding laws, rules, and regulations Knowledge of Education Reform Law and relevant municipal finance laws MCPPO (MA Certified Public Procurement Official)
- Application Deadline: Febuary 22, 2016
- How to apply: Application forms are available online at gnbvt.edu or at GNB Voc-Tech High School, 1121 Ashley Boulevard, New Bedford, MA 02745
- Download the brochure
Weymouth Public Schools, Weymouth, MA
- Description: The Superintendent will be responsible for developing, implementing, evaluating and maintaining the best possible educational programs and services for students throughout Weymouth. The Superintendent will administer the policies of the Weymouth School Committee while providing leadership for the entire school system. The Superintendent will make recommendations to the Weymouth School Committee for any changes in policy and educational programs. He/she will work with the School Committee to develop and implement a long-range plan for the advancement of the school system. The Superintendent will recommend clear and detailed concepts/strategies to achieve educational excellence in the Weymouth Public Schools.
- Qualifications: Master’s Degree from an accredited educational institution. Valid Massachusetts License for Superintendent. 10 years successful teaching and administrative experience in a Pre-K-12 public school system, including 3-5 years of classroom teaching and 3-5 years of central office/administrative experience. Demonstrated leadership ability working with staff, students, parents, general public and school councils. Proficiency in curriculum assessment, contract negotiations and school based technology. Demonstrated understanding of Massachusetts General Law and Massachusetts Department of Education policies and procedures.
- Salary: $165,000 – 185,000
- How to apply: The Town of Weymouth School Department will be utilizing School Spring for this position. To apply please go to www.schoolspring.com.
- Deadline for Application: February 7, 2016.
Andover Public Schools, Andover, MA
Director of Student Services
- Description: Andover Public Schools seek applications from exceptional special education administrators to oversee the development and delivery of special education services to students age 3-22, including school nursing and school social work. The Director provides educational leadership which supports staff to create a positive learning environment for all students and promotes collaboration between special educators, general classroom teachers, school administrators and parents for the benefit of all students.
- Qualifications: Successful candidates will have a Master’s Degree in Special Education, 5-7 years experience as a school administrator, Massachusetts licensure as a Special Education Administrator, and a minimum of 5 years as a special education teacher. Candidates should be able to demonstrate significant achievements in meeting or exceeding the educational and social/emotional goals established collectively by faculty and parents to meet the needs of all students.
- How to apply: To learn more about this position and to apply on line, please visit the Andover Public School website at https://aps1.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx
- Deadline for Application: February 5, 2016.
Bancroft Elementary School, Andover, MA
Bancroft Elementary Principal
- Description: Andover Public Schools seek applications from accomplished elementary school principals to oversee the educational and social development of approximately 600 students and to provide instructional leadership and mentoring to 107 faculty and staff members. The Bancroft community values a positive school climate for all learners, the development and sharing of best instructional practices, active parent participation and community involvement.
- Qualifications: Successful candidates will be licensed in Massachusetts as an elementary school principal and have significant elementary school experience as a teacher and administrator. Candidates should be able to demonstrate success in the areas of innovative and inclusive instructional strategies; the development of a culture that is positive and educationally inclusive of all students; and the ability to use data to analyze and improve instruction.
- How to apply: Please visit our website at www.aps1.net. Application process includes the submission of a cover letter stating interest in the position, a resume, three written references, and a statement of educational philosophy.
- Deadline for Application: Friday, February 5, 2016.
NAHANT PUBLIC SCHOOLS, NAHANT MA
SUPERINTENDENT - APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 1/8/2016
- Nahant School Committee is seeking a dynamic, charismatic, progressive person with 10 years plus experience with some administrative experience.
- Salary: Part-time $40,000-$50,000 a year 2 days a week flexible with maximum 100 days a year. 3 year contract no fringe benefits.
- Application deadline: 1/8/2016. Superintendent selected on or about March 22, 2016. Start date 7/1/16 or as soon as possible.
- Interested candidates email email@example.com or mail directly to Town Clerk Attention: Michael Flynn, 334 Nahant Road, Nahant MA
- Download the brochure.
- Download the application.
Other School District Employment Opportunities
Out of State Searches Including NY, CT, VT, ME and NH
Information about out-of-state communities in which there are currently superintendent vacancies and other administrator vacancies can be found on the National School Boards Association's NASS (National Affiliation of Superintendent Searchers) website.
Recently Completed MASC Searches
- Falmouth Public Schools, Falmouth, MA 1/12/16
Appointed: Nancy Taylor
- Tewksbury Public Schools, Tewksbury, MA 1/15/16
Appointed: Christoper Malone
- Granby Public Schools, Granby, MA 12/15/15
Appointed: Steven Lemanski
- Narragansett Regional School District, Baldwinville, MA 12/15/15
Appointed: Christopher Casavant, Ed.D.
- Barnstable Public Schools, Hyannis MA (12/15/15)
Appointed: Meg Mayo-Brown
- Palmer Public Schools, Palmer MA (10/1/15)
Appointed: Pat Gardner
- Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical School, New Bedford, MA (9/15/15)
Appointed: James O’Brien
- Lowell Public Schools, Lowell, MA (5/15/15)
Appointed: Dr. Salah Khelfaoui
- Middleborough Public Schools, Middleborough, MA (5/15/15)
Appointed: Brian Lynch
- West Springfield Public Schools, West Springfield, MA (4/1/15)
Appointed: Michael Richard
- Dartmouth Public Schools, Marshfield, MA (4/1/15)
Appointed: Bonny Gifford
- Marshfield Public Schools, Marshfield, MA (4/1/15)
Appointed: Jeffrey Granatino
- Martha's Vineyard Public Schools, Vineyard Haven, MA (1/22/15)
Appointed: Dr. Matthew D'Andrea
- Mansfield Public Schools, Mansfield, MA (12/15/14)
Appointed: Zeffro Gianetti
- Waltham Public Schools, Waltham, MA (12/15/14)
Appointed: Drew Echelson
- Spencer-East Brookfield Regional School District, Spencer, MA (12/01/14)
Appointed: Dr. Nadine "Tracy" Crowe
- Douglas Public Schools, Douglas, MA (12/01/14)
Appointed: Norman Yvon
- Belchertown Public Schools, Belchertown, MA (10/01/14)
- Somerset School District, Somerset, MA (7/01/14)
Appointed: Jeffrey Schoonover
- Millbury Public Schools, Millbury, MA (7/01/14)
Appointed: Greg Myers