The following is a list of upcoming, current, and recently completed MASC Superintendent and Superintendent-Director searches and job openings in Massachusetts. You may download the brochures for Superintendent positions as well as Superintendent job applications below.
For more information, call MASC at (617) 523-8454 or email Nanette Olsen. You may also contact the school district's MASC Field Services Representative.
Subscribe to MASC Superintendent Search Notices
If you wish to receive notices and application information for upcoming MASC Superintendent Searches, please sign up here.
Upcoming MASC Searches
Current MASC Superintendent Searches
Malden Public School District
- Position: Interim Superintendent
- Application deadline: May 20, 5:00pm EST
- Salary: Commensurate with experience, benefits negotiable.
- Anticipated start date: July 1, 2016
- Application Process: Submit cover letter, resume, references and other appropriate information at your discretion to Glenn Koocher by email, by fax to (617) 742-4125 or by mail to 1 McKinley Square, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02109 by May 20, 2016 at 5:00pm.
- View Position Details
Other Massachusetts Searches
Groton-Dunstable School District, Groton MA
Interim Superintendent of Schools
Watertown Public School District, Watertown, MA
Interim Superintendent of Schools
- Description: The Watertown (MA) Public Schools seeks an academic leader, skillful communicator, and experienced, professional administrator to serve as superintendent. The superintendent will serve as the chief executive officer of an ethnically-diverse 2,770 student district with a $44 million annual budget. The school district includes three elementary schools, one middle school and one high school. The superintendent will have an opportunity to lead a district committed to high academic achievement, life-long learning, and local and global citizenship. Watertown is a vibrant and highly engaged community of 34,000 people located adjacent to Boston, Cambridge and Newton.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience, benefits negotiable. Please note that the selected candidate will not be considered for the permanent Superintendent position.
- Application deadline: September 30, 2016
- Hiring date: October 24, 2016
- Apply for this job online at http://www.schoolspring.com
For further information please contact:
Craig Hardimon, Director of Human Resources
30 Common Street
Watertown, MA 02472-3492
Phone: (617)926-7704 Fax: (617)923-1234
- For more information including time line click here.
North Attleborough, MA
Superintendent of Schools
- Description: The North Attleborough School Committee is seeking a dynamic, experienced and proven educational leader to serve as the Superintendent of Schools. Guided by its core values, the North Attleborough Public Schools, in partnership with families, businesses, and the community will ensure a respectful, caring, safe, and resource-rich environment that actively engages and challenges all students to reach their full potential. Candidates must possess a Massachusetts Superintendent certification, prior experience as a Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent, demonstrated success in improving and maintaining high academic performance, excellent communication and collaboration skills, Master’s Degree required, Ph.D or Ed,D degree preferred, minimum of ten (10) years in education and central office experience including budget creation and execution.
- Salary: The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Application deadline: October 7, 2016
- Start date: July 2017
- Submit cover letter, resume, and 3 letters of recommendation to:
Superintendent Search Committee
c/o Human Resources Department
e-mail: email@example.com or www.schoolspring.com
King Philip Regional School District
Director of Finance & Operations
Other School District Employment Opportunities
Out of State Searches Including NY, CT, VT, ME and NH
Information about out-of-state communities in which there are currently superintendent vacancies and other administrator vacancies can be found on the National School Boards Association's NASS (National Affiliation of Superintendent Searchers) website.
Recently Completed MASC Searches
- Fall River School District, Fall River, MA 7/1/16
Appointed: Matt Malone
- Hampden-Wilbraham Regional School District, Hampden, MA 7/1/16
Appointed: Albert G. Ganem Jr.
- Nashoba Regional School District, Bolton, MA 5/1/16
Appointed: Brooke Clenchy
- North Adams Public Schools, North Adams, MA 4/25/16
Appointed: Barbara Malkas, Ed.D.
- Southwick-Tolland-Granville Regional School District, Southwick, MA 3/24/16
Appointed: Jennifer Willard
- Frontier Regional and Union #38 School Districts, Whately, MA 3/17/16
Appointed: Lynn M. Carey, Ed.D.
- Pembroke Public Schools, Pembroke, MA 3/24/16
Appointed: Erin Obey
- Hopedale Public Schools, Hopedale, MA 2/9/16
Appointed: Karen Crebase
- Falmouth Public Schools, Falmouth, MA 1/12/16
Appointed: Nancy Taylor
- Tewksbury Public Schools, Tewksbury, MA 1/15/16
Appointed: Christoper Malone
- Granby Public Schools, Granby, MA 12/15/15
Appointed: Sheryl Stanton
- Narragansett Regional School District, Baldwinville, MA 12/15/15
Appointed: Christopher Casavant, Ed.D.
- Barnstable Public Schools, Hyannis MA (12/15/15)
Appointed: Meg Mayo-Brown
- Palmer Public Schools, Palmer MA (10/1/15)
Appointed: Pat Gardner
- Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical School, New Bedford, MA (9/15/15)
Appointed: James O’Brien
- Lowell Public Schools, Lowell, MA (5/15/15)
Appointed: Dr. Salah Khelfaoui
- Middleborough Public Schools, Middleborough, MA (5/15/15)
Appointed: Brian Lynch
- West Springfield Public Schools, West Springfield, MA (4/1/15)
Appointed: Michael Richard
- Dartmouth Public Schools, Marshfield, MA (4/1/15)
Appointed: Bonny Gifford
- Marshfield Public Schools, Marshfield, MA (4/1/15)
Appointed: Jeffrey Granatino
- Martha's Vineyard Public Schools, Vineyard Haven, MA (1/22/15)
Appointed: Dr. Matthew D'Andrea
- Mansfield Public Schools, Mansfield, MA (12/15/14)
Appointed: Zeffro Gianetti
- Waltham Public Schools, Waltham, MA (12/15/14)
Appointed: Drew Echelson