The following is a list of upcoming, current, and recently completed MASC Superintendent/Superintendent-Director searches.
or contact the district's MASC Field Services Representative.
Upcoming MASC Searches
- Millbury Public Schools, Millbury, MA
- Belchertown Public Schools, Belchertown, MA
Current MASC Searches
Douglas Public Schools
The Douglas School Committee is seeking a dynamic, motivated educational leader with a strong background in school finance, collaborative leadership style and excellent communication skills to become Superintendent of its 1,596-pupil school district.
- Qualifications: Licensed or eligible for licensure as a superintendent of schools in MA; Master's degree required, advanced degree preferred; Minimum of 10 years in a public school district, including 3-5 years administrative and/or central office experience and 3-5 years teaching experience; successful experience in school finance and instructional leadership; understands school-based technology
- Compensation and benefits: negotiable.
- Application deadline: April 30, 2014
- Start date: July 1, 2014 or as soon as possible
- For information/application: Please check back for brochure. Click here for application. Click here for brochure.
Somerset School District, Somerset MA
SUPERINTENDENT/CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
- Compensation: Competitive salary and fringe benefits package negotiable
- Application deadline: Complete application must be received at the location on/before 5:00pm March 21, 2014
- Start date: July 1, 2014
- Click here for brochure.
Greenfield Public Schools, Greenfield MA
The Greenfield School Committee is seeking a strong educational leader to become Superintendent of its approximately 2,000 student school district.
- Qualifications: Licensed or eligible for licensure as a superintendent of schools in Massachusetts. Master’s degree required; advanced degree preferred. Minimum of 10 years in a public school district, including 3-5 years of central office and/or administrative experience and 3-5 years of teaching experience. Successful experience in school finance and instructional leadership. Understanding of school-based technology.
- Compensation: $135,000 (negotiable); Length of contract: 3 years; Fringe benefits: negotiable.
- Application deadline: February 28, 2014
- Start date: July 1, 2014
- Click here for brochure.
Other Massachusetts Searches
BOSTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS, MA
- The Boston Public Schools is seeking a headmaster/principal with a proven track record of success to lead the John D. O Bryant High School of Math & Science. The Boston Public Schools is looking for an instructional leader who possesses an exemplary managerial, instructional and operational skill-set and preferably with experience leading a STEM school. The leader must be committed to the belief in the potential of all students and be able to focus his/her work in a way consistent with the districts Acceleration Agenda.
For additional information or to apply online, please visit www.rayassoc.com
Ray and Associates, Inc.
Application Deadline: Apply Immediately- Open Until Filled
Please do not contact the Board or District directly.
Openings for Principal and Vocational Director
Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School, Northampton, MA
- 80 Locust Street
Northampton MA 01060
- For information about the district, and application, go to SchoolSpring or the Smith Vocational website www.smith.tec.ma.us
Other School District Vacancies
Danvers: www.danvers.mec.edu (click on employment)
Franklin County Technical School: www.fcts.org
Martha's Vineyard: www.mvyps.org/jobs.html
Tantasqua Regional: www.tantasqua.org/superintendent/employment.html
Whittier Voc. Tech.: www.whittier.tec.ma.us
Out of State Searches Including CT, VT and NH
Information about out-of-state communities in which there are currently superintendent vacancies and other administrator vacancies can be found on the National School Boards Association NASS (National Affiliation of Superintendent Searchers website.
Union Springs Central School District, NY
- Qualifications: Experience as a school leader and eligibility for superintendent certification in New York.
- Salary & Benefits: A three year contract with a starting pay of up to $150,000. Residency is not required.
- Application deadline: May 2nd
- More information: www.Castalloandsilky.com
Superintendent of Schools
- Southington is a successful suburban school district that serves the educational needs of 6,500 students in grades PreK-12. Southington has eight neighborhood elementary schools (K-5); two middle schools (6-8); one high school (9-12) that was designated a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence; and an Alternative Education Program. The schools engage in community partnerships with the Southington Education Foundation, the Community Foundation of Greater New Britain, and the Main Street Community Foundation, which offer opportunities for enrichment to students and staff. The Southington Board of Education is a nine-member elected body and the Superintendent reports directly to the Board of Education.
- Salary & Benefits: A regionally competitive, comprehensive salary and benefits package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
84 Webster Road
East Lyme, CT 06333
Executive Director South Carolina School Boards Association
Columbia, South Carolina
Recently Completed MASC Searches
- Wilmington Public Schools, Wilmington, MA (4/17/14)
appointed: Mary DeLai
- Freetown-Lakeville Regional School District, Lakeville, MA (March, 2014)
appointed: Richard Mederios
- Ayer Shirley Regional School District, Ayer, MA (04/1/14)
Appointed: Dr. Mary Malone
- Dighton Rehoboth Regional School District, North Dighton, MA (03/9/14)
Appointed: Anthony Azar
- Wachusett Regional School District, Holden, MA (12/9/13)
Appointed: Darryll McCall
- Wrentham Public Schools, Wrentham, MA (12/18/13)
Appointed: Dr. Allen Cameron
- Holbrook Public Schools, Holbrook, MA (5/1/13)
Appointed: Dr. Patricia Lally
- Gill-Montague Regional Schools, Montague, MA (4/15/13)
Appointed: Michael Sullivan
- Freetown-Lakeville Regional School District, Lakeville, MA (4/1/13)
Appointed: Dr. Kristine Nash, appointed interim superintendent
- Southern Berkshire Regional School District, Sheffield, MA (4/1/13)
Appointed: David Hastings
- Holyoke Public Schools, Holyoke, MA (4/1/13)
Appointed: Dr. Sergio Paez
- Mashpee Public Schools, Mashpee, MA (4/1/13)
Appointed: Brian A. Hyde
- Leicester Public Schools, Leicester, MA (1/2013)
Appointed: Dr. Judith Paolucci
- Pittsfield Public Schools, Pittsfield MA (2/2013)
Appointed: Jake McCandles