The following is a list of upcoming, current, and recently completed MASC Superintendent/Superintendent-Director searches.
or contact the district's MASC Field Services Representative.
Upcoming MASC Searches
Please check back.
Current MASC Searches
Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical School DIstrict
- Opening for interim superintendent available immediately. Send resume, letter of interest and other relevant materials and/or recommendations to Glenn Koocher, Executive Director, MA Association of School Committees, One McKinley Square, Boston MA 02109. Phone: (617) 532-8454.
- Closing date for applications: July 11, 2014.
Spencer-East Brookfield Regional School District
The Spencer-East Brookfield School Committee seeks a dynamic, energetic individual to assume the leadership of the district.
- Qualifications: Certification or eligibility for certification as a superintendent of schools in Massachusetts. Masters degree required; doctorate preferred. Administrative experience in Central Office position preferred; Additional experience as a teacher and school administrator preferred. Central office experience and curriculum knowledge at all levels.
- Compensation and benefits: The School Committee will negotiate a compensation package with a full fringe benefits package that may include: A contract of employment of not less than three years. Salary range of $140,000.00 to $160,000.00. Negotiable fringe benefit package including membership in the MA Teacher Retirement System, including “Retirement Plus.”
- Application deadline: August 15, 2014
- Start date: Early fall 2014
- Click here for brochure. Click here for application.
Belchertown Public Schools (REOPENED)
The Belchertown School Committee seeks a dynamic, energetic individual to assume the leadership of the district.
- Qualifications: Licensed or eligible for licensure as a superintendent of schools in MA; Master’s degree required, advanced degree preferred; Minimum of 10 years in education, including 3 years of central office and/or administrative experience preferred; Experience with school-based technology; Successful experience in school finance and management.
- Compensation and benefits: Salary: $135-150K, Fringe benefits negotiable. No residency required.
- Application deadline: August 1, 2014
- Start date: January 5, 2015
- Click here for brochure. Click here for application.
Other Massachusetts Searches
DIMAN REGIONAL VOCATIONAL TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL, Fall RIver
- For all information click here (pdf). Deadline for application, August 22, 2014.
BOSTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS, MA
- The Boston Public Schools is seeking a headmaster/principal with a proven track record of success to lead the John D. O Bryant High School of Math & Science. The Boston Public Schools is looking for an instructional leader who possesses an exemplary managerial, instructional and operational skill-set and preferably with experience leading a STEM school. The leader must be committed to the belief in the potential of all students and be able to focus his/her work in a way consistent with the districts Acceleration Agenda.
For additional information or to apply online, please visit www.rayassoc.com
Ray and Associates, Inc.
Application Deadline: Apply Immediately- Open Until Filled
Please do not contact the Board or District directly.
Openings for Principal and Vocational Director
Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School, Northampton, MA
- 80 Locust Street
Northampton MA 01060
- For information about the district, and application, go to SchoolSpring or the Smith Vocational website www.smith.tec.ma.us
Other School District Vacancies
Danvers: www.danvers.mec.edu (click on employment)
Franklin County Technical School: www.fcts.org
Martha's Vineyard: www.mvyps.org/jobs.html
Tantasqua Regional: www.tantasqua.org/superintendent/employment.html
Whittier Voc. Tech.: www.whittier.tec.ma.us
Out of State Searches Including CT, VT and NH
Information about out-of-state communities in which there are currently superintendent vacancies and other administrator vacancies can be found on the National School Boards Association NASS (National Affiliation of Superintendent Searchers) website.
Recently Completed MASC Searches
- Somerset School District, Somerset, MA (7/01/14)
Appointed: Jeffrey Schoonover
- Millbury Public Schools, Millbury, MA (7/01/14)
Appointed: Greg Myers
- Greenfield Public Schools, Greenfield, MA (4/17/14)
Appointed: Jordana Harper-Ewert, M.Ed.
- Wilmington Public Schools, Wilmington, MA (4/17/14)
Appointed: Mary DeLai
- Freetown-Lakeville Regional School District, Lakeville, MA (March, 2014)
appointed: Richard Mederios
- Ayer Shirley Regional School District, Ayer, MA (04/1/14)
Appointed: Dr. Mary Malone
- Dighton Rehoboth Regional School District, North Dighton, MA (03/9/14)
Appointed: Anthony Azar
- Wachusett Regional School District, Holden, MA (12/9/13)
Appointed: Darryll McCall
- Wrentham Public Schools, Wrentham, MA (12/18/13)
Appointed: Dr. Allen Cameron
- Holbrook Public Schools, Holbrook, MA (5/1/13)
Appointed: Dr. Patricia Lally
- Gill-Montague Regional Schools, Montague, MA (4/15/13)
Appointed: Michael Sullivan
- Freetown-Lakeville Regional School District, Lakeville, MA (4/1/13)
Appointed: Dr. Kristine Nash, appointed interim superintendent
- Southern Berkshire Regional School District, Sheffield, MA (4/1/13)
Appointed: David Hastings
- Holyoke Public Schools, Holyoke, MA (4/1/13)
Appointed: Dr. Sergio Paez
- Mashpee Public Schools, Mashpee, MA (4/1/13)
Appointed: Brian A. Hyde
- Leicester Public Schools, Leicester, MA (1/2013)
Appointed: Dr. Judith Paolucci
- Pittsfield Public Schools, Pittsfield MA (2/2013)
Appointed: Jake McCandle