The following is a list of upcoming, current, and recently completed MASC Superintendent and Superintendent-Director searches and job openings in Massachusetts. You may download the brochures for Superintendent positions as well as Superintendent job applications below.
For more information, call MASC at (617) 523-8454 or email Nanette Olsen. You may also contact the school district's MASC Field Services Representative.
Subscribe to MASC Superintendent Search Notices
If you wish to receive notices and application information for upcoming MASC Superintendent Searches, please sign up here.
Upcoming MASC Searches
Current MASC Superintendent Searches
Malden Public School District
- Position: Interim Superintendent
- Application deadline: May 20, 5:00pm EST
- Salary: Commensurate with experience, benefits negotiable.
- Anticipated start date: July 1, 2016
- Application Process: Submit cover letter, resume, references and other appropriate information at your discretion to Glenn Koocher by email, by fax to (617) 742-4125 or by mail to 1 McKinley Square, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02109 by May 20, 2016 at 5:00pm.
- View Position Details
Fall River School District
Fall River, MA
Hampden-Wilbraham Regional School District
Other Massachusetts Searches
Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School, Northampton MA
Interim Superintendent (2016-2017 school year)
- Description: The successful candidate for this position must have administrative experience and be licensed or eligible for licensure as a superintendent in Massachusetts, experience in career and technical education desirable.
- Salary: The Board of Trustees offers a competitive salary for the region commensurate with qualification and experience.
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
- Apply to: Please submit your letter of interest and resume by 3:00 p.m. on June 30, 2016 addressed to, Michael T. Cahillane, Board of Trustees Chairman to the Superintendent’s Office at Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School, 80 Locust Street, Northampton, MA 01060
- For more information about the high school click here.
Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School District, Rochester, MA
- Application deadline: Completed applications must be received on/before June 24, 2016 at 3:00 p.m.
- Anticipated start date: The selection will be made on or about September 30, 2016 with a desired starting date on or about November 1, 2016.
- Apply to: Please mail or email cover letter, resume, official transcripts, DESE Licensure, and three letters of recommendation to: Rosemarie Canessa, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent Director, Secretary to the School Committee
Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School
476 North Avenue
Rochester, MA 02770
or apply online at www.oldcolony.us, or www.schoolspring.com
- Click here for more information
King Philip Regional School District
Director of Finance & Operations
Other School District Employment Opportunities
Out of State Searches Including NY, CT, VT, ME and NH
Information about out-of-state communities in which there are currently superintendent vacancies and other administrator vacancies can be found on the National School Boards Association's NASS (National Affiliation of Superintendent Searchers) website.
Ledyard Public Schools, New London County, Connecticut
Superintendent of Schools
- Application Deadline: June 10, 2016
- Click here to download brochure.
Recently Completed MASC Searches
- Nashoba Regional School District, Bolton, MA 5/1/16
Appointed: Brooke Clenchy
- North Adams Public Schools, North Adams, MA 4/25/16
Appointed: Barbara Malkas, Ed.D.
- Southwick-Tolland-Granville Regional School District, Southwick, MA 3/24/16
Appointed: Jennifer Willard
- Frontier Regional and Union #38 School Districts, Whately, MA 3/17/16
Appointed: Lynn M. Carey, Ed.D.
- Pembroke Public Schools, Pembroke, MA 3/24/16
Appointed: Erin Obey
- Hopedale Public Schools, Hopedale, MA 2/9/16
Appointed: Karen Crebase
- Falmouth Public Schools, Falmouth, MA 1/12/16
Appointed: Nancy Taylor
- Tewksbury Public Schools, Tewksbury, MA 1/15/16
Appointed: Christoper Malone
- Granby Public Schools, Granby, MA 12/15/15
Appointed: Sheryl Stanton
- Narragansett Regional School District, Baldwinville, MA 12/15/15
Appointed: Christopher Casavant, Ed.D.
- Barnstable Public Schools, Hyannis MA (12/15/15)
Appointed: Meg Mayo-Brown
- Palmer Public Schools, Palmer MA (10/1/15)
Appointed: Pat Gardner
- Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical School, New Bedford, MA (9/15/15)
Appointed: James O’Brien
- Lowell Public Schools, Lowell, MA (5/15/15)
Appointed: Dr. Salah Khelfaoui
- Middleborough Public Schools, Middleborough, MA (5/15/15)
Appointed: Brian Lynch
- West Springfield Public Schools, West Springfield, MA (4/1/15)
Appointed: Michael Richard
- Dartmouth Public Schools, Marshfield, MA (4/1/15)
Appointed: Bonny Gifford
- Marshfield Public Schools, Marshfield, MA (4/1/15)
Appointed: Jeffrey Granatino
- Martha's Vineyard Public Schools, Vineyard Haven, MA (1/22/15)
Appointed: Dr. Matthew D'Andrea
- Mansfield Public Schools, Mansfield, MA (12/15/14)
Appointed: Zeffro Gianetti
- Waltham Public Schools, Waltham, MA (12/15/14)
Appointed: Drew Echelson