Past Presidents Scholarship Application
Information and Application for Award
MASC has established a scholarship funded by and honoring the Association’s Past Presidents, to recognize an outstanding student who demonstrates outstanding scholarship; service to the school district, community or public at large; or distinguished achievement.
Eligible candidates must be:
- A relative of a current or former school committee member
- A graduating student of a public high school in a municipal or regional school district that is a member of MASC, or an individual returning from military service and enrolling in post-secondary education or in a licensed or accredited apprenticeship program
The selection will be made by the Past Presidents Council as authorized by the Board of Directors. Criteria have been
established broadly to recognize and encourage a wide range of applicant interest.
Criteria for Selection
The following criteria are suggested:
- Outstanding scholarship (as evidenced by a current transcript)
- Service to the school district, community or the public at large (letters of support from the organizations if available)
- Distinguished achievement in any field (include documentation, letters of support)
- Relationship to an MASC member
- Specific criteria and/or a specified field of study
- Years served on a MASC School Committee
- Colleges or college that candidate will attend (include acceptance letters, etc.)
- Military service prior to seeking the scholarship
- Apprenticeship program
- An e-mail address for all persons submitting documentation, including the candidate and their nominator
If any of the above criteria is omitted, the Past Presidents Council reserves the right to omit the candidate from being processed.
Eligible students may apply directly by submitting the brief application and statement. School Committee members and others may submit the application and statement on behalf of any eligible student. Applicants may submit supporting data but are asked to limit all submissions to no more than five pages.
Applications must be submitted in hard copy format via US Mail, email, or fax (617-742-4125), and must be received by MASC no later than 3:00 p.m., May 3, 2021.
If mailing applications, send to:
Massachusetts Association of School Committees
c/o Past President's Scholarship
One McKinley Square, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02109