MASC members are invited to join a free webinar on March 27 "Using Early Warning Indicators to Support Every Student", to hear from experts and practitioners about how schools are using early warning systems (EWS) that are updated daily to address core challenges like reducing chronic absenteeism and assigning tiered interventions, as well as promoting students’ social-emotional learning (SEL) and college/career readiness.
Dr. Robert Balfanz, a pioneer for using early warning indicators, will share his evidence-based models for identifying and monitoring at-risk students through early warning systems. Superintendent Dr. Drew Echelson and administrators from Waltham Public Schools, along with an administrator from Metro Nashville Public Schools, will discuss how their districts are using data indicators to prepare their students for success in the 21st century.
- Robert Balfanz, professor, Center for the Social Organization of Schools, Johns Hopkins University; director, Everyone Graduates Center
- Drew Echelson, Superintendent, Waltham Public Schools, Waltham, MA
- Elizabeth Homan, Administrator of Educational Technology Integration, Waltham Public Schools, Waltham, MA
- Mike Sabin, Principal, McDevitt Middle School, Waltham, MA
- Christine Stenson, Director of Research and Evaluation, Metro Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Moderator: Jack McDermott, Panorama Education
- Date: Tuesday, March 27, 2018
- Time: 02:00 PM
- Duration: 1 hour
This EdWeek webinar is provided free by our friends at Panorama Education. A recording of the webinar will be sent to everyone who signs up.