Good policy is basic to good management. Education Reform has clearly defined policy making as a critically important responsibility for school committees. There is no other responsibility more important to the smooth and effective operation of the schools. The MASC Policy Service is an invaluable resource to school committees as they develop guidelines to assist them and school district staff in the decision making process. MASC is committed to offering policy support by providing reliable information and assistance.
MASC offers the following policy services:
- The MASC Policy Reference Manual in the member resources area (you must login to access) contains sample policies which conform to the Education Reform Law of 1993 and other state and federal laws and regulations.
- Through the MASC Contract Policy Service, staff members assist school committees in developing customized policy manuals tailored to the needs of individual school districts.
- Periodically throughout the year the MASC Policy Subscription Service provides all school committees with sample policies developed based on state and federal legislation, in addition to other important educational topics.
- Specific MASC policies can be read and downloaded from the MASC Policies and Policy News section.
- Through MASC's online policy subscription service, Policy Twenty-One, MASC can host your policy manual in an searchable online database, providing member districts with an efficient and eco-friendly option for storing and maintaining policy manuals, better staff and community access to your policy manual, and a safe, secure environment for policy storage.