Citizens for Public Schools, a nonprofit education advocacy organization, has released an analysis of the charter school waitlist numbers showing significant exaggeration in pro-charter groups’ previous claims.
- Seven schools included in the DESE total are not Commonwealth charter schools
- Many students on waitlists may no longer want to attend charter schools
- Of students on the waitlists, most are not there due to the charter school cap
- 2000 students on waitlists are supposedly waiting for 10th, 11th and 12th grade seats
- Many students who apply to charter schools choose not to attend when offered seats