Good policy is basic to good management. Education Reform has clearly defined policy making as a critically important responsibility for school committees. There is no other responsibility more important to the smooth and effective operation of the schools. The MASC Policy Service is an invaluable resource to committees as they develop guidelines that will help them and the staff in the decision making process. MASC is committed to providing policy support by providing reliable information and assistance. MASC offers these policy services:
- The MASC Policy Reference Manual in the MASC member resources area contains sample policies which conform to the Education Reform Law of 1993 and other state and federal laws and regulations.
- Through the MASC Contract Policy Service, staff members will assist school committees in developing a customized policy manual tailored to the needs of their individual school systems.
- Periodically throughout the year the MASC Policy Subscription Service will provide all school committees sample policies that have been developed based on state and federal legislation as well as other important educational topics.
- Specific MASC policies can be read and downloaded from the MASC Policies and Policy News section (located in the Member Resources area).
- An online policy subscription service called Policy Twenty-One.