MASC offers many helpful resources to members, including:
- Frequently Asked Questions – answers to the questions we hear most often
- A Handbook for School Committee Members
- The Roles and Responsibilities of School Committee Members
- Servant of the Assembly – A handbook for school committee chairs
- Emerging Issues in School Governance – our document addressing all of those gray areas that occcur between governing and managing.
- Quick Reference Guide to Executive Sessions under the Open Meeting Law
- Superintendent Evaluation Guides – A series of documents to assist members in the process of conducting Superintendent Evaluations
- School Committee Operations: Norms & Protocols – A guide to assist School Committees in the establishment of Operating Norms and Protocols
- School Committee Student Representative Handbook – A resource for students serving on the School Committee including important protocols, parliamentary procedures, and advice on how to maximize effectiveness
If you don’t find something on our website please contact your district’s MASC Field Director for further assistance (you can
find your district’s field director here).