MASC By-Laws As Amended Through November 8, 2019
ARTICLE I NAME
The Corporation shall be called the Massachusetts Association of School Committees, Inc., hereinafter referred to as the Association.
ARTICLE II PURPOSE & POLICY
The objectives of the Corporation shall include:
- To provide closer cooperation among all of the school committees of the cities and towns of the Commonwealth.
- To study the problems of organization, administration and operation of the public schools and to work for the adoption of the best methods, practices and procedures in public school administration.
- To encourage the enactment of legislation deemed beneficial to the public schools, school children and all of the citizens of the Commonwealth.
- To sponsor, develop and encourage all projects, programs and matters deemed necessary or desirable to promote better public education in the Commonwealth.
- To interpret the aims, functions and needs of the schools to the public.